Red Belly Ratings members had a Melbourne Cup day to remember, winning 8.68 units and cheering home the winner of the big race, Fiorente.
For punters who are not familiar with unitised betting, a ‘unit’ represents 1% of your total betting bank.
So if you have a bank of $1000, your bet unit size will be $10 (i.e. 1% of $1000) and so on.
A win of 8.68 units can equate to the following cash amounts:
• For a $50 per unit punter – $434
• For a $100 per unit punter – $868
• For a $500 per unit punter – $4,340
Our form analyst Ed Kennett advised members to back Fiorente as the main selection in his overall Melbourne Cup strategy on Sunday morning, when $8.50 was on offer.
• Salon Soldier ($3.50, another early SMS selection sent on Saturday night)
• Oxford Poet ($6.50 rated a $3.20 chance)
• Vitello ($2.05 rated $1.85)
We went close in a number of other races, with Arinosa ($5.50) and Iconic ($7) finishing second, and Pago Rock ($8) finishing third.